Wednesday, March 12, 2008

And in other news...

The mighty Rumble Bee will soon be leaving the S2H stable, along with the Intrepid. I have decided there are other priorities in my life... [cough, cough...] and am really trying to cut down on unnecessary spending.

Ever since the Magnum came out in 2004 (model year 2005), I have had my eye on it. In consolidating down to one vehicle, I've been looking all over for something big enough to haul some large speakers and/or equipment, gas mileage in the mid-20's or higher on the freeway, and enough towing capacity for S2H's newly refurbished Bayliner (go ahead and drool - 350HP 19ft ski boat is pretty freekin' sweet). The Magnum is the only thing I've been able to find that meets these requirements. I have had a few car aficionado friends, as well as YASA, involved in this search for such a vehicle the last few months. Nobody could find something else that met all 3 requirements. There were a couple other options that had more cargo room and far better towing capacity, but gas mileage suffered... and of course, I want it all for $nothing$. Budget was obviously a concern since that's the whole motivation for this move in the first place.

On Monday, I put a down payment on a 2006 Dodge Magnum RT, with All-wheel-drive [Tim Taylor "more power" grunt]. I found an INCREDIBLE deal on eBay - it's not perfect... a few dings and scrapes in the rear cargo area, and some elbow grease required in a few spots... but, I got it for $12k under Blue Book. "...the car I've always wanted, and now I have it. I RULE!" [American Beauty, copyright 1999]




"Hey! That thing got a HEMI?!?" Come on, you gotta' watch the commercial...

"Yeah!" "Sweeeet"

Yup, I'm gonna miss the Rumble Bee... :-(

The Magnum is located in Dearborn, MI. It's not too far to be a nuisance for pickup... but far enough to be a nuisance [scratching head]. Still working out how and where to finance this thing, but insurance has turned out to be a lot cheaper than expected - SWEET. Now, just need to find that 0% financing for a used vehicle... [pinky to mouth in contemplation] for one meeeeeellion dollars.


So, anyone interested in a 2004 Rumble Bee (#3322 - of the original 3500 limited production units built) and/or decked out 2001 Intrepid ES???

No comments: