Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The one where my Facebook status got upraded

She said yes! :-)



I lured Christina to the Oconomowoc Lake Club for a "meeting" with the event coordinator for our upcoming reception there on February 14, 2009. Thanks to Sue, Angela, Rick and the rest of the gang that helped set everything up for us at the Club!!

After presenting her with the evening's program, I played a few pieces on the piano for her, and then asked her to sing her favorite Sara Groves song, Awakening, while I accompanied her. I finished the program with my 3 favorite Yanni tunes. Turns out, much to her dismay, Christina DOES like Yanni. LOL.

Here's the program... (FYI, "Yiannis Hrysomallis" is Yanni's birthname)



Following the recital, there were some "closing remarks." Christina and I talked about some things that we want for our lives down the road. After telling her a few things I wanted to do to manage proper health of our relationship, I got down on one knee... and, well... turns out she's in. Her face says it all...


Isn't she adorable? (Say no, or "I'll KEEEEEEELLLL UUUUUU!!!")

Below are a couple shots of the ring. Its a loaner from Barnes Jewelers. They're custom designing a ring for me (OK, for her). But, this is, in some generic ways, similar. For those good coworker friends... "It's exactly the same as, EXCEPT..." mine's so cool they wanna' add it to they're permanent portfolio :-) This one is beautiful in it's own right, so we felt it worthy of a few pictures.






Here's a couple pics of the setup of the beautiful piano and ballroom at the Lake Club. Christina sat in the chair next to the fireplace as I played...


5 comments:

Wine Momma said...

I totally did say yes! :-)

Stewie said...

Congratulations! Great presentation!

Now Natasha's going to be all jealous and stuff.

Mike said...

Congratulations!!!!

I don't want to be KEEEEEELLLLLLLed, so 'no', but I can see where you think so. That look does say it all, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Exactly the same except...I love it. Oh and aunt Tina and you look great together, because I don't want to be KEEEEELLLLLLED either.

Christine said...

How very cool...sounds like you really had your stuff together!!! Congratulations to the both of you! And by the way - loaner or not - the ring is BEAUTIFUL!!