Friday, December 19, 2008

The one with a lot of snow.

So, it's been a while. Welcome back to the coolest blog page ever!

Last night we were greeted by a bazillion (technical term) tons of snow. It was so bad that I couldn't even move my car out of the "parking area" at the farm. Enter the landlord's Explorer. Bad idea. Decision was made to get the Versatile out and start "plowing..." or rather, pushing snow out of the way. Thanks Dill.

Here's a few pics of the events that transpired.

The pics don't really do it justice. The snow surrounding the Intrepid was over my knees... lots of wind blowing, as can be recognized by the "DeLorean" profile the snow created. I always wanted the car from Back to the Future. I was sooooo excited this morning.

OK - so, this one isn't that obvious...

See it now?

Here's the real deal for comparison... Man, that thing is SWEET. Cheers to the Flux Capacitor.


This helps to get a better idea of the amount of snow surrounding my car. See how far up the Versatile's tire it is???


Sweet shot. Versatile, the new John Deere 8430 tractor for Cedar Home Farms, and the JD 9500 series combine tucked away in the barn above.


Like I said - LOTS of snow.

Here's a shot out my window, going down the path that Dill made with the Versatile. Note the height of the snow relative to my window. It's not an illusion.


Yes, I did have to come into work today. I hate being responsible and dependable sometimes.

I pray God's covering over all those who brave the elements in the next few days of storms.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Quick Marty, in the DeLorean!

Stewie said...

That's awesome! Were you trying to give your car some coffee to get it started in the morning?