Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The one where it took me almost a year

Well, I did it - barely. A day short of a year from the last post. To my loyal followers, I apologize. To my loyal antagonists, consider it grace.

Much of the cause of this delay has been due to the declining state of our great nation; a nation created to be under the covering of God, designed to operate in conjunction with the Ten Commandments and God's plan for His children. As I see our nation's righteous freedoms and liberties continue to be stripped away, it grows difficult to even bother commenting. And at the same time, it's difficult to avoid it as it is always on my mind.

That said (heavy start), not everything I have to share is profoundly deep nor life-changing; just look at the Heineken commercial I posted... last year. Rest assured, fun and amusing tidbits are sure to find their way into my fingers as a type.

Speaking of which, I am watching parts of Short Circuit 2 as I type.
This iconic picture of Number 5 just screams, "More Input!" While many disagree with my sentiments, the Short Circuit 2 is clearly a superior movie to its predecessor. And as big of a fan as I am, I don't think anyone can compare to this guy...

To segue into some amusing statistics, here are the results from a CBS poll after I submitted my votes on Obama's first year in office. Granted, this is from back in January - but, I still thought it disgustingly amusing.

The Economy
A:
4.77%
B:
4.56%
C:
5.27%
D:
17.80%
F:
67.60%

Foreign Policy

A:
6.80%
B:
4.19%
C:
7.67%
D:
21.66%
F:
59.68%

Health Care

A:
7.14%
B:
3.01%
C:
2.87%
D:
8.31%
F:
78.67%

Afghanistan

A:
5.67%
B:
13.60%
C:
25.96%
D:
22.84%
F:
31.93%

Iraq

A:
5.79%
B:
10.08%
C:
24.39%
D:
23.77%
F:
35.96%

Threat of Terrorism

A:
6.63%
B:
4.92%
C:
9.74%
D:
21.19%
F:
57.52%

Energy and the Environment

A:
5.66%
B:
5.56%
C:
12.70%
D:
21.03%
F:
55.04%

Social Issues

A:
6.71%
B:
4.69%
C:
10.82%
D:
18.95%
F:
58.84%

Bipartisanship

A:
6.60%
B:
3.12%
C:
4.00%
D:
8.08%
F:
78.20%

Obama's Overall Job as President

A:
6.28%
B:
4.03%
C:
3.69%
D:
22.25%
F:
63.76%

In short, that summarizes to less than 14% of America giving him a "passing grade" (C).

In stark contrast, here is a a clip from a speech in which Allen West (retired Lieutenant Colonel and Commander in Iraq) offers his direct and accurate assertions of the current state of terrorism and Islam and its effects on America. If you haven't seen this, you need to!



And here he is again speaking on the ideals of America... fabulous stuff.



Despite our recent transition out to California, I'm still a Wisconsinite at heart. Thank goodness Mark Neumann has been caught in the act. With respect to the governor's race back home, a great blogger posted a column in the paper that packs a great punch, summarizing some of Feingold's upcoming competition. Stay informed!

And in a final effort to encourage your return, here's a little fun to sign off. We traveled the great journey of 14 miles to Anaheim, CA... yes, we went to Disneyland!

Here is a very excited wife, ready to cash in on her birthday present!

Of course, gotta' get the castle shot.

And what visit to Disneyland would be complete without meeting Mickey!?!?!

2 comments:

Stewie said...

Great to see you back! I was getting worried that everyone (including myself) had fallen away from blogging.

I haven't seen SC2 as much as SC1, but I think 1 was a great intro to the character.

Have either of you been to Disneyland before?

S2H said...

We had not been to Disneyland (Christina I think was when she was a very little person), but we've both been to Disneyworld... she about a dozen times, I think. Glad to see at least one person's reading this labor of love... :-)