Sunday, February 24, 2008

Beaner at the Bean

Friday night, I got to watch my Baby sing. Yeah :-) Thank You, Lord for her gift. The theme was love. Oh, darn. Happy February. Brahms is just sooo good. And how can you deny a chick running around with a "smoothing iron?" Oh, Alan...

This weekend, Christina's connections came through - AGAIN. Her good friend got us free tickets to the Joffrey Ballet's performance this weekend at Roosevelt University Theater. Holy awesome seats, Batman. I went to the website, and this pretty well summarizes our view. Thank you Maria.

The first two shows were a bit hard to watch... depressing. The first piece was about an arranged marriage with two people that were totally in love with other people. Seriously - arranged marriages?!?!? TOTALLY 18th century... (or 21st century India). And then there was the whole dead baby and suffering village scenario. The third was great - well choreographed and great music. I love Mahler (second piece), but the choreography lacked substance and drama, despite it's incredibly serious tone.

Right, the title of the post. Sorry folks, we're reaching climax here already. So, there's this ginormous metal artistic bean in a park in downtown Chicago. Christina showed it to me in the dark after the ballet. It was sweet. I'm such an engineer. I totally was more fascinated by the feat of engineering to get it to balance on those two points than the artistic accomplishments. Isn't engineering artistic? Thought for the day...


So, yeah. It's reflective. Even at 9pm with a crappy phone camera. Here's Christina and I "reflecting" on the moment. Yup, I got lessons from Dave Letterman on my humor.

And here's a shot of the luckiest guy Earth with the most amazing gal in the world in the park next to the bean. Sucks to be you. Yup, I got the best catch. Don't even try - she's totally mine.


Sunday morning, we went to Christina's church. Afterwards we made an order of mochas and Mint Conditions from Caribou. Mmmmmmmmm. We dropped off the yummy creations at her sisters place prior to lunch. After some conversation about the movies up for Oscars, we went with their family and her brothers family (minus Mom) to Chili's for lunch.

Did I mention Christina has some stinkin' adorable kids in her family? Here's some shots of her niece and nephew(s).





Well, I'm totally working on a 1.75 of Evan Williams with Dill. CHEERS! Time to finish off researching DVD player upgrades. One must love terribly awesome sci-fi action flicks from 1990 (i.e. Total Recall).

L8erg8er

No comments: