Saturday, February 16, 2008

"...You're a slacker!..."

Mr. Strickland: "You've got a real attitude problem, McFly. You're a slacker! You remind me of your father when he went here. He was a slacker, too."

Yup, I've been slacking on my blog posting...

Last Friday night, I made the journey down to Christina's. We went to a recital that her old vocal teacher from college was in. Though not his best performance (her words), I really enjoyed it. Two other vocal professors performed as well, one of whom's husband was the accompanist. Christina was meeting a friend of hers she knows through Chicago Master Singers for the recital, who also happened to be a friend of Christina's sister from college. The three of us went to Christina's sister's place afterwards to hang out for a while.

Saturday, Christina and I slept in - it was everything we thought it could be. We've both not been getting as much sleep as we'd like, due to a variety of things. In any case, we got to play a little bit of catch up. In the afternoon, Christina gave me a more detailed tour of Ravinia, where she works. I got to see the whole park again, and this time, got a tour of a couple buildings. I even got to see her cubicle - how exciting! :-) It's much neater than mine....

Following the tour, we made our way to Di Pescara restaurant for dinner before heading up to Milwaukee for my college roommate's girlfriend's birthday party celebration. It was flippin' cold. Our 3 block hike to the car felt like we were at the farthest reaches of the solar system. And the wind. Holy crumb. INTENSE. I believe the weather man was saying -40 degrees windchill. Yup, it was cold.

While there, I got to introduce Christina to several college friends. My schedule has been rather full since dating Christina, so it was good to see them again. Here's a picture of some of us at the bar... unfortunately, I don't have one of the birthday girl... :-(


And here's one of Christina and I at the party. YASA, Baby.


This week, I finally got my new phone! :-) I decided on the Motorola Q 9h from AT&T. LOVE IT. It is hugely wide, and that was pretty weird the first few days to get used while holding against my ear. Other than that, no complaints so far...

Thursday, Christina and I spent Valentine's Day together... mmmmm .... I love you, Baby!

Friday, I attended a wine tasting, hosted by friends Rob and Katie. The wine could have been better, but I scheduled a tasting to be hosted at my place in a few weeks. Yeah!

OK - time to go. Bye.

2 comments:

rebekah bryan said...

Yay! I'm glad you guys could come to my birthday party! I really liked meeting Christina--she was a real sweetheart and tolerated meeting all those new people, including the drunk birthday girl, with more grace than I'll ever have in my life!

Unknown said...

Your still a slacker! We need new content here!! HA HA! Have a great one!