Friday, April 25, 2008

Busy week

Lazy bum all week for blogging... well, I've been busy - so there.

Tuesday I had a meeting with the customer in IL again this week, so I got to see Christina a little bit extra - which is always good :-). While I was waiting for her Tuesday evening to get done from work, I made my way into Borders and managed to find Berlin Philharmonic's recording on Deutsche Grammephone label doing the Holst Planets. I have a copy that I picked up in Germany in 1997, but it got damaged about 2 years ago, and I haven't been able to enjoy it since. This was the first place I've seen it in those two years... I was VERY excited.

And I finally got to meet up with my "core group" member from church on Wednesday. We've had some scheduling difficulties the last few weeks. We kind of just got to know each other a little bit and discussed some future plans for the men's ministry leadership team, which I am now a part of (he's in charge of the ministry). And we managed to pick out a book to use for studying on a weekly basis. Don't ask me what it is - I still have to pick that up this weekend...

Thursday was another world class hosting of a party to watch this week's episode of The Office. It was a really good one this week. And we had good company to match. Afterwards, we settled in to watch the Jackal.


My Denon DVD-2900 DVD player was on the fritz last night. I actually said a prayer for it last night... and this morning. Heck, why not? God can handle it - total confidence.


This player produces the most beautiful picture known (via analog component outputs) for standard DVD's... and it plays both DVD-Audio discs and SACD discs - pretty rare. It's a little upsetting to see it suffering. Hopefully, it just didn't like the disc last night. It didn't seem to be a dirty disc problem, or dirty lens problem. Although, there may be something on the lens yet after the cleaning - never know. I'm wondering if it was an overheating/over-usage issue, cuz it was running for about 5hrs straight yesterday (in the background). Perhaps all it needs is a power off reboot - no, wait - it doesn't run on Windows. Hm.

So, with it constantly locking up, I had to switch to a "standard" DVD player, my Sony DVP-NC650V (which has lots of sentimental value as it was one of the first players I ever upgraded the audio outputs for). I was grumbling and mumbling about switching DVD players, anticipating the change in video quality. The amusing part was when the guests realized - "You have more than one DVD player?!?!?" Which was followed up with, "Of course - this is Scott we're talking about here!" So great. (Shhhhh - don't tell them about the Pioneer DV-565A-S I'm lending Mom... or the Panasonic RP-62 I'm lending Christina... or the Panasonic F-85 in the storage room... or....) Anyway - everyone kind of was like "Wow - that's a lot worse!" when I made the switch. It was almost a nightmare for me [shudder, shake]

Anyway - speaking of movies, GO SEE "EXPELLED" this weekend!

And here's the acheivement of the last 10 months at work - the In-Flight Entertainment Rack #1 for Air France's A380 fleet. These racks are linefit assemblies, going directly to the aircraft assembly line in Hamburg, Germany. Cool.

Time to finish up a few things before heading down to see my girl this weekend... Peace out.

No comments: