Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Nancy's home!

Nancy and Joy arrived 10 minutes early at O'Hare on Friday. Christina was nice enough to pick them up on her way (sorta, roundabout kinda' way) up here for the weekend. First stop - Culver's. We met at the one near my business park, which is kind of a half-way point on the way home from O'Hare. And since we were in the neighborhood, I gave the three girls a tour of ECS after our custard treats. Mmmmmm. Poor Christina had to suffer as it was her second tour ...

While Joy was out doing some errands and getting a manicure on Saturday, Nancy, Christina and myself took off for some quality time. Yummy bagels and the ONLY chai (at least as far as Christina and I are concerned)... Oregon Chai. So yummy. We had some great discussion and I was so glad for these two important gals in my life to have a chance to spend some more time with each other - And me, of course :-)

On Sunday, Christina and I went to a presentation that Joy and Nancy did for some ministry partners in Mequon (technically it was Thiensville according to Google Maps - a cause of some frustration in trying to get directions...). So, yeah. What an amazing experience. I love seeing the faces of all these people that have been touched by God's grace. Before we left, several of us gathered around Christina for healing prayer. It was quite an experience - Lord, we believe in Your healing power and we believe that You are working and have worked in Christina's body already. Thank You!

So, Monday night, Nancy (and Joy ;-) ) did an abbreviated presentation for the family (Mom, Kenny, OC, Chad, Dill). I really think they were blessed in seeing all that God's doing through their beloved Nancy. Here's a couple crummy pics from my phone in night mode (sorry, room was dark).





That's my story. Lord, please continue to protect and bless Joy and Nancy as they continue sharing this week. Give them Your energy as their bodies are recuperating and recharging; give them Your protection as they travel! Amen!

No comments: