Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy 6 month Anniversary

I know, I know... all you old, married people just want to gag when we youngin's get all googly ooogly moogly poochy wuchy over our 6 month anniversary. Well, here's the tongue depressor [hands you tongue depreesor].

The date was May 17th... I know, deal with it - I've been busy. Anyway, Christina set us up with reservations at Carlos' Restaurant. I don't often rave about restaurants - this, my friends, is one of the best I have EVER been to. "Horray!" for Christina's connections - she knows Carlos himself from her dealings with him at Ravinia. I think my favorite course (I think... I think we had 6 courses) was my appetizer plate of asparagus - 3 different preprations of it, and the favorite of the three was the asparagus soup. Ouy Vay! YUM. We had a bottle of Santa Margharita Pinot Grigio to entertain our taste buds, and finished off the evening with molten chocolate lava cake (and of course a glass of whole milk for me). I most HIGHLY recommend this restaurant if you're ever in the northern 'burbs of Chicago. FYI, prepare for singing if you mention a birthday or anniversary celebration (let's just call that experience talking).

Before we zipped out of the house after quick showers and spiffing up, I gave Christina her present, a matching pendant and earrings set. Just look at that smile! LOVE IT.


Anybody got a pair of sunglasses?


Crappy camera phone, later that night. This turned out pretty well to get a shot of the earrings.


This is a shot we took about 37 seconds after we walked in the door after dinner. We had to get a pic documenting that we spiff it up pretty darn well. I wasn't quite ready for the timer to go off, but our smiles say it all - we're in love.


I thank the Lord every day for making this person so precisely to complement my weaknesses, lift me up, and make me laugh. Thank you, Baby, for loving me! Happy 7 months, 1 week, and 5 days.

1 comment:

Wine Momma said...

I love you baby! I am so blessed to have you in my life and to be able to love you!