Sunday, June 29, 2008

What a pair...

Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. And a deaf sound tech. Seriously, are they everywhere?!?!?

Christina treated me to pavilion seats at Ravinia for the dynamic duo. It was an awesome concert. Alison was definitely out of her element... but the arrangements were quite well done. They did some of the old Zeppelin tunes and some of Alison's - but, each were arranged to the other spectrum. Classic rock and bluegrass turn out to be a really great mix. Christina and I were shocked how good Robert Plant sounded - his chops were still in great shape.

There I go again, sneaking a kiss. I'm so sneaky.


Seriously - look at that smile. I take it back - I don't want to have to hurt you.


This is the best shot I could get with my phone... not bad, considering it was pitch black and they were moving on stage... and that my big, fat, wavering man-hands did the picture taking.


The organizer of the whole concept, producer, singer, musician, T. Bone Burnett.


If you can catch these guys on tour, go now. Really great. I hope, for your sake, the guy we had running the sound board is on vacation that day.

No comments: