Sunday, June 29, 2008

The one where the water came

The morning began with breakfast with the gang for the reunion (see previous post). Continually, things went out of my favor in trying to get to the west side of Madison by 1pm. I-94 road closures due to flooding forced a bypass that was slow as molasses. I had to get to the bank, but the bank is on the south side of town (where the freeway is)... but I couldn't get on the freeway at that point. So I had to waste 25 minutes driving to the south side of town and back, because I wasn't sure if I could make it to the branch in the next town by the time they closed. And then of course I had to fill up the car with gas. And had to spend 20 minutes looking up maps on how to get to the wedding, because the rest of the family left without me in anticipation of longer travel time due to the road closures. Somehow, I got there just 15 minutes late. It was a different red Magnum that you saw going 95mph... trust me.

On the bright side, I finally got meet Dill's girl, Amanda. It was a pleasure :-) I look forward to spending lots more time with her in the future.


Come on, Susie!


There we go :-)


Diane and Matt


This is me trying to take a picture of Mom and me...


That's much better.


And the happy couple (Kristina and Andrew). The reception was held at the Dorf Haus. It was family style grub, and very yummy. Andrew is also a beer snob - they had a keg of Miller Lite for the rejects and a keg of Ultimator (sp??) Dunkel. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. First time for me, and won't be the last.



Whose facial hair is this?


And this?


Congrats, Kristina!


These two were just flippin' hilariously adorable all night long. Trust me, the picture doesn't do them justice.


And here's Andrew and the best man (his brother) racing on the mini-bikes.


Andrew smoked him. I'm holding out a verdict on the game being rigged.


And the highlight of the evening... mother of bride, O.C., and another good friend of the mother of the bride... Y.M.C.A. - on the chairs.


Congratulations Kristina and Andrew - I pray that the Lord will bless you guys with open hearts, patience, and continued honest and open communication.

1 comment:

Craig Smith said...

That's really a fun happy pic of you & your Mom, I have a ton-o pics like that with my Mom, they're the best.