Friday, June 13, 2008

My first Ravinia experience...

OK, so it's been a while since I posted last. Get over it. They're worth the wait, and you know it.

So, June 6th, was a big day. My first time at the park, being part of what Ravinia is all about. James Taylor was performing that night. Christina's parents treated me to a wonderful dinner in one of the restaurants at the park. I think we might have connections (cough, cough), cuz our table was right at the window, overlooking the entire park. It was beautiful, and the weather turned out to be fantastic after the sun set.

So, while Christina was working her magic, shaking hands and smiling with the donors, we gorged ourselves on some great food and fantastic wine (mmmmmmm.... that Pinot Grigio is really growing on me...).

Periodically Christina came to find a hug as she was finishing up for the evening. Her parents had pavilion seats for the concert, and her dad was quite excited to be there. I was quite satisfied, chilling on the lawn in my Coleman chair. This is me working hard at hardly working.


A couple other shots of the park... and the people...



"...chillin' max, relaxin' all cool..."


The luckiest guy on Earth... oh, yeah, and Christina too.


Saturday, I got to meet cousin Lani, currently living in Twin Cities, but happened to be down in Chicagoland for a friend's wedding. After lunch with the whole family, Christina headed off to work. I spent some more time with the fam at Andrea and Mike's, putting off the work I'm supposed to be doing on speakers for a customer. Oh well. Sunday, we came down to Wheaton again to spend time with the family. I'm not sure what I was trying to take a picture of here - all I know is that the intent of the main subject was Miles being adorable. Hm. Shocker. Check out Miles' vocal debut here.

2 comments:

Stewie said...

Natasha and I tried to go to a wine tasting at the Botanic Gardens that Saturday evening, but we got caught in absolutely crazy traffic from that concert. It had also rained a lot and the event got canceled.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time! Next time you'll have to try out the Pavilion seats, because they're something special -- I saw the Labor Day show last year, and up close it was just that -- up close and personal enough for the music and musicians to really touch you. But I sure am jealous you got to hear James Taylor! If you haven't already, check out the music of his son Ben, and the Ben Taylor Band.