Monday, January 21, 2008

Busy busy busy

Friday night Christina and I met up in Kenosha again - kind of a half way point between where we work. We went to Fazoli's for a quick dinner and then caught a flick - The Bucket List. Sooo good. How can you go wrong with Morgan Freeman? It was great - definitely got a little teary. Afterwards, we hung out at Starbucks for a bit before hitting the road.

Saturday morning I was hoping to meet up with my friend Ben who's in town visiting from Uruguay. But, he got tied up with the kids. Instead, I got to spend a little time working on some speakers.

The speakers were a project that were started back in April or so of last year. Friends Matt, Nate, and Spencer were part of the ordeal. We made a day of cutting wood for speaker cabinets. Three of us were all interested in doing basically the same thing - small two-way "bookshelf" speakers. Of course, the way I do things, they end up weighing in at 20lbs a piece, just the wood. ;-) That day was a myriad of struggles with tools at Spencer's house, starting from square one. So, by day's end, we were only able to get the wood cut. The plan, at the time, was to meet up again and finish everything up. Spencer, over the next few weeks, spent some time assembling the cabinets for Matt and me. And I just finally got them this last week (Wednesday) from him.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED. I have been living in pain for the last couple months due to a veneer process gone horribly, horribly wrong with my main 3way cabinets. I just haven't had the tenacity or patience to figure out how to fix the problem... and have been suffering listening through some B.I.C. America speakers I had just laying around. They are great commercial offerings... but good grief, they're just not up to my snob level of excellence. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to get some pictures up of the new project tomorrow... just don't expect to see the 3way towers up and running any time soon. [pouty face]

While working on the new speakers, I did a bunch of laundry -- oh, the excitement of my Saturday. But just wait...

I met up with Christina around 4 at her place. We then headed down to Rivers in Chicago for dinner. And following we indulged in box seat tickets that Christina scored to Doctor Atomic, the opera, showing at the Lyric Opera House. It's a contemporary work about the Trinity Program and the impact it had on the men and women that developed and manufactured the bombs. It focused a lot on the internal conflicts of creating such a powerful weapon and its potential destructive nature. While one sided in it's portrayal, it is most certainly a very serious subject and certainly not something to be overlooked. I only wish I could have appreciated it's contemporary style of music more. It was such a treat... I'm so glad Christina asked me to go with her. :-) Thanks, Baby!

Sunday morning, Christina, Ann (Christina's roomy) and I all went to Christina's church, Harvest Bible Chapel. It was my first time there, and was so great to be able to partake in that with Christina. I got to meet her small group members too. God is really doing great things there - thank You, Lord. I look forward to spending lots more Sunday's there in the future with her. Thank You, Lord, for giving her such an abundance of spiritual food and source of companionship.

After church, Christina and I went to visit her brother's family. We spent the afternoon hanging out and playing with baby Tori and watching the AFC championship game. And then we met back up with Ann to catch a chick flick, 27 Dresses. It was pretty decent, but then again, I'm a fan of chick flicks ;-)

Regarding the Packer playoff for NFC championship today, I must say that I'm not all that surprised they lost. In fact, had I had the opportunity, I would have bet against them. While they've made some great strides this year, they are lacking consistency - something they haven't had since the '96 season. And they were really riding and hyping up the cold weather a bit too much. I just hope Favre sticks it out a while longer... with some more discipline and training, the current roster could be quite devastating to it's opponents in the next couple years.

Well, I need to hit the sack. Let me leave you with 2 Timothy 2:15...
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Bis dann,
S2H

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't seem to hav your e-mail. -Alison
http://products.vzw.com/index.aspx?id=rlp&site=next&phone=voyager