Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas!!!

I'm totally excited for today's post. I finally went to Kenny and OC's last night to raid their camera memory card from the pictures we took during Christmas. Shortly after my return, I used my incredible bachelor cooking abilities to concoct a mixture of Wheat Chex, half-and-half, and 2% milk. You laugh. Go ahead and use your gag reflex. But, it's one of the greatest combinations ever invented... almost as good as my Lemon Drop Martini. Man, I'm good.

While I was eating, good friend Ben came over to visit. He's up in the states again on a vacation, as he has been living in Uruguay several years now (...6...7...?). We had a few beers, and then made a beer run for some more. Upon our return, we popped in Live Free or Die Hard. I was impressed - great action movie, great humor. And not nearly as ridiculous as everyone made it out to be. It was so great to see him again. Hopefully we'll have a little more time together before he heads back on the 22nd.

And, finally, the moment we've all been waiting for - a few highlights of our Christmas celebration. These highlights are from Christmas Eve/Momma' s birthday celebration with the neighbors.

It doesn't take much to excite the birthday girl, apparently. Wal-mart bags... who would've guessed?


OC and Dill

This one is in honor of what Aunt Tina did to Ty a few years ago...

And this is the children being bratty to the parents. We must save wrapping paper! Here's Dill pulling out his trusty razor blade to carefully slice the tape so as to create minimal damage to the paper so we can reuse it next year. And how perfect is OC's face in the background... LOL.

Can you honestly tell me that my hat isn't better than Dill's?

Group shot at dinner...

Group shot #2 at dinner...

I'm so glad I love my sister :-) Thinking of you, praying for you guys! P.S. - Mom, this is the picture you should have used for your Christmas card...

Bonnie on the left, birthday girl on the right.

So great... What you can't see in this picture is my left hand slyly reaching over to poke Dill right in the ribs - I couldn't have timed it any better - LOL check out his face.

Here's Dill and Chad sporting their new hats from Uganda (courtesy of Joy and Nancy), made from banana tree bark...

Next post will have a few from Christmas Day...

No comments: