Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sad news

Yesterday, I started off with an early morning at 3am (PST) packing, enjoying the thrills of an upset stomach, and doing some work before heading to the airport at 5am. I arrived back home around 2pm (CST), and began a journey down to meet Christina before she was intending to take an extended weekend trip out to New York with her mom and sister. She left work a little early so we could have an hour to meet for dinner before she took off. Can I just say that J. Alexanders restaurant officially has the best chicken strips I've had (so far, of course). Yuuuuummmmaaayyy....

Unfortunately, while waiting at the airport, Christina got word from her dad that her grandma, Memaw, had finally moved on to be with our Lord after a debilitating battle against cancer that quickly consumed her over the last few months. I ask for prayer warriors for your prayers of support for Christina and her family through the grieving process. Pray for encouragement in finding support in Jesus, in knowing that as a believer Memaw is taking pleasure in the wonders of our promised afterlife, and that they be thankful that her painful battle is now over and that she is experiencing absolute love and pleasure beyond what our human minds can comprehend. Pray for all the extended family's safety as everyone travels this weekend to be part of the services. I'm honored to be able to support Christina this weekend by flying down with her family to partake in the services this weekend in Alabama.

The trip to Irvine, CA was good as far as business goes. The customer and Airbus all seemed very happy with our presentation and current design. Now, we just need to get all the paper work wrapped up and signed off (no problem... ). Unfortunately, this was my second journey to Irvine in which I was plagued with something terribly upsetting to my stomach. I did get to try some new seafood dishes, particularly Alaskan salmon (super great) and hama hama oysters. Oysters have always been unappetizing to me, but at least I can say I've actually tried them now. I'm told there are all different sorts of textures and sizes. Sure, whatever. All I can say is that it's "like chewing sea water." Really salty, fishy, sea water. Gross. Not a fan. The shells are pretty cool though... :-)

In brighter news, I've learned that some of my favorite speaker building components are available - parts that were previously believed to be extinct... and better yet, they're on sale. SOO excited. Nope, not gonna' tell you what they are. Why? Cuz then you'll go buy them out from under me. Yes, I'm that selfish.


Please, keep in mind our country's new support effort in the middle east for peace between Israel and Palestine. And let's not forget to pray for our men and women (troops and congress) paving the way for a new, free democratic society in Iraq. Taking over Hussein's regime was just an objective milestone. The VISION of de
mocracy is the real goal (NOT confiscating WMD's!) - let's continue to pray that it comes to fruition. Take a moment to take a look at and appreciate what we've already helped accomplish!

And because I feel the need to break the blog up with some pictures, I did some searching. I found the perfect one for my day of meetings today. ROFL... Thank you, Dilbert... ROFL, again.



Peace out,
~S2H

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My sympathies, take care, and have a safe trip. See you later