Thursday, January 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary!! :-)

So, today... "Wow..."

Yeah, that's what Christina and I said on the phone to each other this morning as we reflected on today's date - our 2 month anniversary of meeting each other. We just can't believe it's only been 2 months. When we were just a couple dates into this endeavor, we were already thinking back then that it felt like we had been dating like 6 months. The level of intimacy that was reached in our email conversations before ever meeting made a really incredible connection between us. So awesome - I totally recommend eHarmony if you're looking for a new approach to dating.

For many reasons, it has been an emotional ride in the time that Christina and I first started communicating via the world wide web back in October. As a result, we've had the opportunity to really connect and grow in our spiritual walks - both as individuals and as a couple.

Since Christmas, I initiated a devotional study book with Christina for every time we meet (thank you, Santa ). It gives us an opportunity to read and study God's Word together every time we see each other. I've really enjoyed it. There are times we look at each other, wondering what the author is smoking, but it at least gets us active in studying and discussions together. It's really important to us that God remain our focal point, rather than each other. And of course, it's important to God too ;-)

In short, I just want to say that I'm so blessed to have been lead to such an incredible person. Thank you, Christina, for who you are - I pray that God would use us to honor His kingdom, and continue to ask for discernment in the path He has for us. Love you, baby.

Here's a picture of us - there aren't many. Many of you may recognize the outfits and background from my inaugural post for the blog... but since it's a special day, I had to put up our picture :-) Christina's nephew, Tyler, is joining in the fun :-)


2 comments:

Wine Momma said...

I love you too baby!! You are so incredible. Words cannot explain.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Scott PLEASE, you are making me barf!!! Please, control the sappiness and keep it to yourselves! I do look forward to seeing you Sunday and doing manly things like drinking beer and watching football - WITHOUT you hanging all over my sister! :)